ENUSA INDUSTRIAS AVANZADAS, S.A., S.M.E. (hereinafter , ENUSA) is a public company which is 60% owned by the Sociedad Estatal de Participaciones Industriales (SEPI), ), that reports to the Ministry of Finance, the remaining 40% is owned by the Centro de Investigaciones Energéticas, Medioambientales y Tecnológicas (CIEMAT), which in turn belongs to the Ministry of Science and Innovation.

We belong to the ENUSA Group, which is also comprised of:

We divide our activities into three business areas







The nuclear reactors of the Spanish plants to which we supply fuel (all except the Trillo nuclear power plant) were built with technologies from Westinghouse for the so-called pressurised water reactors (PWR), and from General Electric for the boiling water reactors (BWR). For this reason, we signed technology exchange agreements with these two companies from the very start, both for engineering applications and for the manufacture of fuel assemblies.

The good relationship between our companies and our excellent international reputation has enabled us to reach cooperation agreements with both Westinghouse and General Electric.

These alliances created commercial alliances or specific agreements to address the European market, with more than half of the company’s production currently dedicated to said market.

In 2007, we set up the Spanish Nuclear Group for Cooperation (SNGC); this allowed ENSA and Tecnatom to become, in 2008, together with the incorporation of Ringo Válvulas, a consortium of companies: AIE SNGC. Within this consortium, each company holds a 25% interest. SNGC’s objective is the supply of nuclear products and services abroad, focusing mainly on China and South America.

We supply our products and services to Spanish electricity companies, owners of the nuclear power plants in our country. We work with the Santa María de Garoña, Cofrentes, Almaraz 1 and 2, Ascó I and II, Vandellós II and Trillo nuclear power plants.

In order to provide increasingly integrated support to our customers, we expanded our portfolio of services to these plants to include activities related to the handling of fresh and irradiated fuel as well as technical support during refuelling outages. Furthermore, several areas of collaboration have been established, both with customers and the Spanish nuclear safety authorities, for the characterisation of irradiated fuel with a view to its dry storage at the plants themselves and the future Centralised Temporary Storage Facility (CTS).

The extensive experience we have proven over the years, as well as our highly technical expertise, has allowed us to open new borders and develop our activity throughout the European continent, being France, Belgium, Sweden and Germany some examples of countries we operate in and maintain a significant workload.

The activity of the Spanish Nuclear Group for Cooperation (SNGC) in recent years has been intense, proof of this is the current process of developing the collaboration agreements signed in previous years with the main companies with nuclear assets in the Asian country.

These agreements position SNGC as a real alternative for the supply of products and services for both operating plants and new reactors under construction.

We also operate around the Asian country on an individual basis, selling inspection equipment developed with our own technology. As a result of the work carried out over the years, ENUSA has been awarded several contracts for the supply of inspection equipment, for both fresh and irradiated fuel, developed with our own technology.

We carry out activities for the landscape restoration and integration of land affected by mining and industrial activities, the development of new technologies for the reduction of waste and its subsequent use as energy and the characterisation of contaminated soils in different parts of Spain. We have clients in Andalusia, Castilla y León, Catalonia, the Basque Country, Murcia, Navarre and Castellón.